The Perfect Derma Peel
Are you ready to transform your skin into looking brighter, younger and healthier in just one week? Look no further than our Perfect Derma Peel. The Perfect Derma Peel says it all. It’s a revolutionary peel that combines Glutathione, Kojic Acid, Retinoic Acid, TCA, Phenol, Salicylic Acid, and Vitamin C.
Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals in the skin and helps to slow down the aging process that causes wrinkles. Kojic Acid not only lightens the skin to give it a beautiful new glow, but it is also proven to tighten the skin by increasing collagen and elastin production. The TCA, Retinoic (Vitamin A), and Phenol Acids help to resolve pigmentary issues and aid in wrinkle reduction, while Salicylic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of the skin and improves inflammation. This powerful mixture of ingredients is what makes this peel “Perfect.”
We can treat all skin conditions and deliver amazing results!
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel uses an acid chemical solution to improve the appearance of aging or damaged skin. The chemical solution once applied to the skin causes an exfoliation process that sloughs off layers of the skin to reveal new brighter, smoother, and healthier looking skin.
There are three types of chemical peels:
- Superficial (light lunchtime) peel: usually an Alpha-hydroxy acid that superficially treats the outer layer of the skin by gently exfoliating the dead cells.
- Medium peel: atrichloroacetic acid peel targets the outer and mid layers of the skin to improve damage cells deeper within the skin.
- Deep peel: Phenol (carbolic acid) peel targets the deeper layers of the skin to improve severely damaged skin. Cannot be used on all skin types and requires sedation. No longer widely used as Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing treatments produces safer and greater results.
How does a chemical peel work?
Chemical peels work by using a chemical solution to induce skin exfoliation and reveal healthier skin underneath.
What does a Perfect Peel do?
- Improves tone and texture of your skin
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production for firmer skin
- Improves acne skin conditions and pigmentary issues
- Lighten and brightens skin
- Revises sun damage and age spots
- Improve pore size and reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of superficial acne scars and hyperpigmentation
How does The Perfect Derma Peel compare to other peels?
The Perfect Derma Peel is a medium depth TCA peel that combines powerful ingredients to prevent and improve damaged skin. It’s non-invasive, safe for all skin types, and virtually painless. It’s more effective and gives greater longer lasting results than a light peel, and can be as effective as a deep peel with 2 to 3 treatments.
How many treatments are needed for improvement?
Depending on the type of improvement desired and current skin condition, a series of 1-3 treatments 4 weeks apart may be needed for optimal results.
How long will my results last?
If good aftercare is maintained, your results can last from 6 months to a year. We recommend 1 to 3 peels per year to sustain desired result.
How long does the peel take?
The peel takes 15 to 30 minutes to administer. The total peeling process begins around day 3 and can take 5 to 12 days to complete.
Who is a suitable candidate for the peel?
All skin types and all ethnicities are safe to treat with the peel.
Who is NOT a suitable candidate for the peel?
- Clients taking Accutane are not a suitable candidate and must discontinue usage 4 months prior
- Clients pregnant or breast feeding. Anyone using Vitamin A topicals
- Clients with allergies to any ingredient in the peel or Aspirin
- Clients with open wounds, sunburn, skin infections, cold sores or lesions. Clients with history of cold sores should take an antiviral 3 days prior to peel
- Clients who recently had treatments such as electrolysis, chemical peels and waxing on the areas to be treated
- Clients undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Clients with a history of an autoimmune disease or any condition that weakens the immune system
How do I prepare for my peel?
Make sure you avoid sun exposure. Prepare for your chemical peel by purchasing sunblock, a gentle facewash,Benadryl and cortisone cream prior to your treatment.
Does the peel hurt?
There is a mild sunburn sensation and itching once the peeling process begins. Benadryl and cortisone will help relieve the minor discomfort and itching.
What will I look like during the peel?
Your skin will look tan for the first two days. Once the peeling begins around day 3, your skin will turn mildly red to pink and begin to slough off dead skin.
Can I return to work?
Yes, you can work during the whole peeling process. However, we recommend avoiding heavy exercise and sweating during the peeling process.
Can I wear makeup?
If needed, you can continue use of makeup on day 3 and beyond. However, it’s very important to keep your skin clean during the peeling process. Make sure you clean your face of all make up daily.
When can I repeat the peel?
You can repeat the peel every 4 to 5 weeks.
What areas of the body can be treated?
The peel can be used on the face and body, but the process and results will not be the same. The face, neck, chest, and hands are the most commonly treated areas with chemical peels.
Will the peel help improve minor acne scars?
Yes, The Perfect Derma Peel can help revise minor acne scars. A series of 3 to 5 treatments may be needed. For more severe acne scars please see our Fractional CO2 Skin Resurfacing Treatment information page.
Will my skin be sensitive after the peel?
Your skin will be more sensitive after the peel. Skin sensitivity will resolve once the tissue has healed and the pH level of the skin is restored.
Can I get sun exposure after the peel?
Sun exposure should be avoided and limited during the peel process. Sunblock is recommended!
Who is qualified to administer the peel?
Trained Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Master Estheticians and Medical Spas.
At Skin Deep Laser Services we strive to provide the latest and safest chemical peels to our clients in Annandale, Alexandria, Fairfax and Washington D.C.